Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Inspiration Lost

Yeah, yeah, I know I said something about getting some screenshots up, but I'm putting that on hold. I've pretty much lost every ounce of inspiration I had and don't feel like doing anything productive for any of the projects I have in the works. Hell, I feel like scrapping everything and calling it quits with RPG making in general.

Of course, I go through this eventually when every bout of creativity for anything I'm working on starts to wind down. I get all pessimistic and wonder why I even bother. Then a few months later I gravitate back to whatever I was working and start the whole stupid cycle over again. This time though, I'm going to take steps to regain my inspiration instead of letting it slowly return over the course of a few months. I'm going to accomplish this by playing videogames.

...Yep, videogames. I'm aiming for a simplistic old-school feel with the project I'm working on, so I'm going to break out my copies of Final Fantasy 1&2 Dawn of Souls, Final Fantasy 4 Advanced and Final Fantasy V Advanced. I'm going to playthrough each one in an attempt to rekindle my love of old-school RPGs. Hopefully, it will work and I'll regain some of my inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment