Saturday, August 18, 2012

Well...

that whole 'play some classic rpgs' plan spectacularly backfired. I've kinda shunned my original project to make a Final Fantasy fangame. I've already done more work on the story for it than my original work; it even has a freakin' title. I've already started editing graphics a bit(cut crystals from chipset, add to charset) and I'm going to do some more chipset editing later(copy, paste, recolor grass tile to make a snow tile, reapeat with slightly lighter colors for another snow tile, do the same with snow capped mountains to make a volcano tile, copy, paste, flip bridge tiles, do some editing on another chipset for a second world, edit town and dungeon chipsets a bit, do some sprite editing, etc.) The only part of editing I'm really dreading is the animations. I plan on using final fantasy animations for spells and such and implementing summons in some form.

Huh, I guess I did get my inspiration back, but it's focused completely on this new fangame. I guess I'll have some content to post pretty soon; though it's not what I'd originally intended to post.

No comments:

Post a Comment